Re: Using Python as a tool for testing homogeneous systems

Discussion in 'Python' started by Irmen de Jong, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Andy Jewell wrote:

    > Python is *too* damned good: and they haven't made me stop using
    > it at work, either; in fact I've just spent a few weeks doing some really
    > intensive Python development... to test RPG code!

    [...]

    > So, Python scores again!

    Thanks for sharing this interesting story!
    I always like to hear how other people do things,
    and it is even nicer to know that they have (unexpected?)
    success in doing so!

    Regards,
    --Irmen de Jong

    Irmen de Jong, Jun 27, 2003

  2. Irmen de Jong

    Roy Smith Guest

    >> Python is *too* damned good: and they haven't made me stop using
    >> it at work, either; in fact I've just spent a few weeks doing some
    >> really intensive Python development... to test RPG code!

    I don't see anything strange about that. I used to work on a system
    that included a lot of TCL and SQL. I wrote a lot of QA tools for that
    stuff in Python.

    Roy Smith, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Irmen de Jong

    Andy Jewell Guest

    On Friday 27 Jun 2003 8:37 pm, Roy Smith wrote:
    > >> Python is *too* damned good: and they haven't made me stop using
    > >> it at work, either; in fact I've just spent a few weeks doing some
    > >> really intensive Python development... to test RPG code!

    > I don't see anything strange about that. I used to work on a system
    > that included a lot of TCL and SQL. I wrote a lot of QA tools for that
    > stuff in Python.

    Not strange, per se, Roy, just strange for my company, which has a
    track-history of skimping on such things as testing.

    More importantly, I feel this is a mile-stone, marking the beginning of proper
    formalised testing methods.

    For the record, I always knew Python was good at such things (at least since I
    started using it anyway). Many, many postings here in c.l.py have proven
    this as time has gone by.

    I wasn't trying to claim a 'first', nore even to be breaking new ground. I
    just wanted to congratulate the collective on a small, but to me, significant
    success.

    -andyj

    Andy Jewell, Jun 27, 2003