RE: using SQLalchemy

Discussion in 'Python' started by Prasad, Ramit, Jun 22, 2012.

  1. > > We have a very chaotic database (on MySql) at the moment, with for

    > > I'm trying to use SQLalchemy and it looks absolutely great, but in
    > > general as a policy we don't use external dependencies..

    > That's a very foolish general policy, a lot of the power of python is in
    > the huge array of excellent third party libraries and frameworks, but
    > each to their own...

    That applies to Perl, Python, Java and probably most major languages.
    I do not know about you, but I do not want to be writing everything
    from scratch and language developers have better things to do than
    implementing a dozen(or more) major libraries like lxml and xlwt
    just to name a few.

    For that matter, I do not think mysqldb is a built-in Python package.
    :)

    Ramit

    712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
    work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423

    --

    Thisemail is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and
    Prasad, Ramit, Jun 22, 2012