Re: validate aspx page.

Martin Honnen

Mr. x said:
Hello,
I know about the validator on : http://validator.w3.org
, which can validate html pages.

I just new to this validator.

How can I validate (if it can be - by this validator) aspx pages, and asmx
pages ?

Well the validator has an interface to enter a URL so enter
http://www.yourserver.tld/yourdir/yourpage.aspx
and it will validate the HTML your .aspx page creates. Make sure your
page includes a DOCTYPE declaration of the document type against you
want to validate.

Mr. x

That's right,
but how can I validate the whole *.aspx file as is (and so what about *.asmx
file / web-service file , which is always on the server, and doesn't take
place of creating page to the client ) ?

Thanks :)

Martin Honnen

Mr. x said:
That's right,
but how can I validate the whole *.aspx file as is (and so what about *.asmx
file / web-service file , which is always on the server, and doesn't take
place of creating page to the client ) ?

An .aspx file can't be validated against a HTML document type definition
as an .aspx file contains things like
<%@ Page %>
and
<asp:Label>
etc which are not part of HTML. So validation of an .aspx file as HTML
doesn't make any sense.
It only makes sense to validate the output of your .aspx page.

Mr. x

Martin Honnen wrote :
An .aspx file can't be validated against a HTML document type definition
as an .aspx file contains things like
<%@ Page %>
and
<asp:Label>
etc which are not part of HTML. So validation of an .aspx file as HTML
doesn't make any sense.
It only makes sense to validate the output of your .aspx page.

I may have also errors on my page (I find that by <%@ page debug = "true" %>
i can debug my code,
but what about web-services (*.asmx) ?

Thanks :)