Re: VHDL Newbie CAN Core questions

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Tim Hubberstey, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Fouad wrote:

    > FATAL_ERROR:Xst:portability/export/Port_Main.h:126:1.13 - This
    > application has discovered an exceptional condition from which it
    > cannot recover. Process will terminate. To resolve this error,
    > please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at
    > http://support.xilinx.com. If you need further assistance, please open
    > a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at
    > http://support.xilinx.com

    Welcome to the wonderful world of all too fallible EDA tools. Your only
    real recourse is to do the rest of what the error message said:

    > If you need further assistance, please open
    > a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at
    > http://support.xilinx.com

    Before doing that, you should make sure you have the latest version of
    the software with the latest service pack installed. Tech support people
    will often refuse to go any further until you have done this.

    This isn't really a VHDL issue and you might do better by posting on
    comp.arch.fpga. I suggest you do a google search of the comp.arch.fpga
    archives first just in case this has already been covered.

    Tim Hubberstey, Sep 2, 2003