Re: VHDL Newbie CAN Core questions

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Renaud Pacalet, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. Fouad wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to VHDL... I have a proble that requires me to use a VHDL CAN
    > (Controller area Network) Core... I got the core from an open source..
    > and I get an error as below
    >
    > FATAL_ERROR:Xst:portability/export/Port_Main.h:126:1.13 - This
    > application has discovered an exceptional condition from which it
    > cannot recover. Process will terminate. To resolve this error,
    > please consult the Answers Database and other online resources at
    > http://support.xilinx.com. If you need further assistance, please open
    > a Webcase by clicking on the "WebCase" link at
    > http://support.xilinx.com
    > Error: XST failed

    It's a XST bug (FATAL_ERROR, PANIC, etc are nice words for bug). You can
    try to build a small piece of code that crashes XST by commenting out
    some parts of the code. If you succeed in identifying what statement or
    group of statements are responsible for the crash then maybe you'll find
    a workaround.

    Regards,
    --
    Renaud Pacalet, ENST, 46 rue Barrault 75634 Paris Cedex 13
    ###### Tel. : 01 45 81 78 08 | Fax : 01 45 80 40 36 ######
    Renaud Pacalet, Sep 3, 2003