Re: VHDL testbench: read BMP Files?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. itsme wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I want to direct read a Picture from a BMP File in a VHDL testbench and
    > generate out of this some Stimulis for my video processing and store the
    > video output again in a BMP File.
    > Is there a library/Package?
    > As I know there is a TEXTIO package but there must be ASCII data to read.
    > How can a access raw File data?
    >
    > thanks peter

    Just translate your binary file to an ASCII file, with a simple parse
    script.
    But, if you are working on 1MB binary file, your ASCII will be about 8MB.
    If that a trouble for your, translate your binary file to a ASCII
    version HEX.
    But, if you are working on 1MB binary file, your ASCII HEX will be about
    2MB.

    Laurent
    www.amontec.com

    Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch, Aug 21, 2003