Re: VHDLisms

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Willem Oosthuizen, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. I fully agree with your sentiments.

    Would it not be great if VHDL used curly brackets instead of begin...end
    nonsense.

    Maybe people should look at how C is structured. The designers of C new
    something about engineers and computer people who prefer less words.

    Also why doesn't VHDL support text-replacement macros, and conditional
    signal declarations?

    Why do some Synthesis tools generate ripple tree structure of things like
    bit adders and gates, if fully synchronous designs are intended?

    Willem Oosthuizen, Aug 18, 2003