Re: Visited Link Color Question

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Adrienne, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Adrienne

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Joe Wilson"
    <> writing in

    > Can someone tell me how I can use a style sheet to ensure that none of
    > the links I have on the page change color once they are visited and
    > just retain the default color that was originally specified?
    >
    > Here's the style sheet I have so far. You'll see that on hover I'm
    > changing the color to gray but that is all the I want to happen. No
    > underline, no color change on visit, etc. Thanks in advance!
    >
    > A:link {
    > text-decoration: none;
    >
    > } /* unvisited link */
    > A:visited {
    > text-decoration: none;
    > } /* visited links */
    >
    > A:hover {
    > text-decoration: none;
    > color: #999999;
    > }
    > A:active {
    > text-decoration: none;
    >
    > } /* active links */

    You can explicitly define the color, as you did with a:hover, but, consider
    this - how are visitors going to know that they have already visited that
    link? In addition, is there a reason why you have text-decoration:none?
    It might be confusing for visitors if there is no underline to indicate a
    link.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com