Re: Visual Studio 2003 hangs

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Jun 30, 2004.

  1. Remote debugging is always tricky. IN VS.NET consider detaching the process
    rather than simply closing the browser. That should solve the hang.

    I recommend a team structure where you use a source repository and debug
    locally. Use tracing on servers to track problems, but do not debug in a
    communal space, especially not in production. NOTE: Remotely, other people
    can cause you to step into debug, so be careful.-

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "RLoski" <> wrote in message
    > I am remotely debugging an ASP.net application. I close the ie explorer.

    Visual Studio becomes unresponsive.

    > Most of the time, I go to the server hosting the application and kill the

    VS7JIT.exe processes associated with my nt login and the application comes
    back.

    > Anybody seen this before?
    >
    > About my environment: I am developing on a Windows 2000 machine with VS

    2003. The application uses C #. The application (and source code) is on a
    Windows 2003 server with Remote debugging set up. I am using the Microsoft
    Web controls components. I am also using Crystal Enterprise version 10.
    The Crystal Enterprise server is on a different server.

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP], Jun 30, 2004