Re: Vote tallying...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Lee Bieber, Jan 19, 2013.

  1. On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 07:24:40 +1100, Ben Finney
    <> declaimed the following in
    gmane.comp.python.general:

    > * MySQL's development has suffered under Sun, and become virtually
    > moribund under Oracle. They operate as a closed shop, occasionally
    > tossing GPL-licensed releases over the wall, with very little input
    > accepted from the community.

    It has been forked by some of the original developers...

    https://mariadb.org/
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

    Dennis Lee Bieber, Jan 19, 2013

  2. Dennis Lee Bieber

    Walter Hurry Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 00:12:25 -0500, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 07:24:40 +1100, Ben Finney
    > <> declaimed the following in
    > gmane.comp.python.general:
    >

    >> * MySQL's development has suffered under Sun, and become virtually
    >> moribund under Oracle. They operate as a closed shop, occasionally
    >> tossing GPL-licensed releases over the wall, with very little input
    >> accepted from the community.
    >>

    > It has been forked by some of the original developers...

    My vote is to put MySQL where it has always belonged (still more so, now
    that Oracle has taken it over), and use Postgres.

    Walter Hurry, Jan 20, 2013