Re: Vote tallying...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Lee Bieber, Jan 19, 2013.

  1. On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:54:32 -0400, Zero Piraeus <>

    > :
    >
    > On 18 January 2013 16:57, Tim Chase <> wrote:
    > >
    > > - there are just some serious what-the-heck's in MySQL's handling of some
    > > edge cases regarding NULL values and dates (Feb 31st anybody). There's a
    > > good compilation of them at [1].
    > >
    > > [1]
    > > http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html

    > I'm getting the following from that URL:
    >
    > ERROR: database not available
    >
    > ... which, as irony goes, is kinda delicious :)

    Loads for me... Though the page does state that it applies to MySQL
    4.1 and earlier, and not to the current 5.x series (which added prepared
    queries, stored procedures, and triggers as I recall).

    And the first link in the text is to:
    http://sql-info.de/postgresql/postgres-gotchas.html <G>
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN