Re: VS.NET tutorial for making ASP.NET login page?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 26, 2003.

  1. There's a fairly good step-by-step explanation in this article:

    HOW TO: Implement Forms-Based Authentication in Your ASP.NET Application by
    Using Visual Basic .NET

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308157

    "San Diego Guy" <> wrote in message
    Hi all!
    I'm VERY new to .NET.
    I'm working on collecting information on making a web based inventory system
    for my office.

    I haven't even started and have hit a snag. :)
    First thing I want to do is create a simple login page.
    I have an access database that has first name, last name, userid and
    password in it, I want to have the username and password that the user
    enters compared to that database... then let them through if they exist.

    Are there any tutorials out there specific to doing this in the .NET studio?
    I've found some code examples and whatnot, but was wondering if there was a
    tutorial that showed how to do it with the tools available in the studio..

    Thanks for any information!
    Steve

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 26, 2003

  2. Ken,
    Thanks a lot, I'll check out the link!
    Steve

    San Diego Guy, Jun 26, 2003

  3. Thanks for the link, but I was wondering if there was a tutorial to show you
    how to do it in VS.NET with some of the controls that are available, or can
    you only do this by coding it yourself?

    Thanks for any info!
    Steve

    San Diego Guy, Jun 26, 2003