RE: VS thinks it knows things better

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Charlie Nilsson [MSFT], Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Martin, can you post the source you are working with, here? (aspx + code
    behind) As well, could you give me the version information that you see
    when you click on Help->About.

    Thanks

    Charlie Nilsson [msft]
    Visual Studio Update

    originated.
    --------------------
    > From: "Martin Olson" <>
    > Subject: VS thinks it knows things better
    > Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:21:22 +0200
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    >
    > For a Web User Control I've made a table, writing it all on the HTML tab.
    > Fot the tableheader <th> I have written align="center". When I switch to

    the
    > Design tab and then go back to HTML tab again, VS have changed the word
    > 'center' to 'middle' and marked it with the red wave (indicating that it
    > isn´t correct). When I, on the Design tab look at the cell´s property, it
    > says 'center' but still 'middle' in the HTML code. I have got one

    suggestion

    Charlie Nilsson [MSFT], Jun 27, 2003

  2. Charlie Nilsson [MSFT]

    Martin Olson Guest

    Hi Charlie!
    Here comes the code you asked for. The versioninfo is,
    - Microsoft Development Environment 2002 Version 7.0.9466
    - Microsoft .Net Framework 1.0 Version 1.0.3705.

    Another thing, VS also changes the letters from lower case till upper case,
    but just sometimes. When I wrote the code I allways wrote it with lower
    case.
    Martin

    "<%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="CtrlTwo.ascx.vb" Inherits="ReportOne.CtrlTwo"
    TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>"
    "<table width="60">"
    " <tr>"
    " <th align="middle" width="100%"> <!--Here I did wrote 'center' as value
    for the attribute 'align'.-->"
    " AV.L/R</th>"
    " <tr>"
    " <tr>"
    " <td><input type="text" size="3" name="ctrl2_12">"
    " </td>"
    " </tr>"
    " <TR>"
    " <TD><input type="text" size="3" name="ctrl2_13"></TD>"
    " </TR>"
    " <TR>"
    " <TD><input type="text" size="3" name="ctrl2_14"></TD>"
    " </TR>"
    "</table>"

    "Charlie Nilsson [MSFT]" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:...

    > Martin, can you post the source you are working with, here? (aspx + code
    > behind) As well, could you give me the version information that you see
    > when you click on Help->About.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > Charlie Nilsson [msft]
    > Visual Studio Update

    rights.

    Martin Olson, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Charlie Nilsson [MSFT]

    Martin Olson Guest

    In this stage there is no, by me written, codebehind.

    This is what VS wrote.

    Public MustInherit Class CtrlTwo

    Inherits System.Web.UI.UserControl

    InitializeComponent()