Re: <> vs !=

Discussion in 'Python' started by Simon Brunning, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. On 7/26/07, James Matthews <> wrote:
    > What is the difference between <> and !=

    <> is deprecated, != isn't. Other than that, nothing AFAIK.

    --
    Cheers,
    Simon B.

    GTalk: simon.brunning | MSN: small_values | Yahoo: smallvalues
    Simon Brunning, Jul 27, 2007

  2. Simon Brunning

    Guest

    On Jul 27, 1:08 pm, "Simon Brunning" <> wrote:
    > On 7/26/07, James Matthews <> wrote:
    >
    > > What is the difference between <> and !=

    > <> is deprecated, != isn't. Other than that, nothing AFAIK.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Simon B.
    > ://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/
    > GTalk: simon.brunning | MSN: small_values | Yahoo: smallvalues

    I believe Guido doesn't like '<>' and decided to enforce != instead.
    Guess it's his language :).
    , Jul 27, 2007

  3. Simon Brunning

    Neil Cerutti Guest

    On 2007-07-27, <> wrote:
    > I believe Guido doesn't like '<>' and decided to enforce !=
    > instead. Guess it's his language :).

    I like 'not ==', cf 'not in'. Sadly it's a syntax error. However,
    as a language designer, I'm not > Guido.

    --
    Neil Cerutti
    I don't know what to expect right now, but we as players have to do what we've
    Neil Cerutti, Jul 27, 2007
  4. Simon Brunning

    Paul McGuire Guest

    On Jul 27, 7:35 am, Neil Cerutti <> wrote:

    > I like 'not ==', cf 'not in'. Sadly it's a syntax error. However,
    > as a language designer, I'm not > Guido.

    I'd settle for == Guido myself. :)

    -- Paul
    Paul McGuire, Jul 27, 2007