Re: VS2008 close without any error when try to add control to toolbox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Alexey Smirnov, Jan 30, 2010.

  1. On Jan 29, 11:09 pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe>
    wrote:
    >  I want to add a control from toolbox, choose item but VS2008 close without
    > any error.
    >
    > How to fix it?

    A standard one? If it happens in all projects, I would suggest to
    reinstall Studio.

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 30, 2010

  2. On Feb 1, 3:57 pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote:
    > Alexey Smirnov wrote:
    > >On Jan 29, 11:09 pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe>
    > >wrote:
    > >>  I want to add a control from toolbox, choose item but VS2008 close without
    > >> any error.

    > >[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
    > >> --

    > >A standard one? If it happens in all projects, I would suggest to
    > >reinstall Studio.

    > Once uninstall vs2008 sp1, vs2008 works fine now.
    >
    > Do we need vs2008 sp1 being installed?

    Well, I have SP1 installed since it was released and wll works great.

    You can read about some of improvements in the blog of Scott Guthrie
    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...nd-net-framework-3-5-service-pack-1-beta.aspx

    I think that it might be that something wrong with other software you
    have installed after SP. Try to install it again. If it will not help,
    reinstall Studio and SP again.

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 1, 2010