Re: W3Wp process soaring through the roof

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Barry, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Barry

    Barry Guest

    sorry, It is not cpu intensive but menory intensive.

    Same prognosis?

    Barry

    machine?

    >well we pay heavy COM+ tax to separate LOGIC and DATA

    assemblies from
    >ASP.NET process but it help us in situation like that.

    COM+ also help us
    >to find the problem since we know which DLL to blame.
    >
    >To track problem like this you need to look at your IIS

    log which page
    >is working when CPU usage increase. Then try to remark

    all page code and
    >to add blocks of code until you will found the lines

    that cause that
    >problem. Hard work.... :-((
    >

    >Natty Gur[MVP]
    >Phone Numbers:
    >Office: +972-(0)9-7740261
    >Fax: +972-(0)9-7740261
    >Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    ***

    Barry, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Barry

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    the memory issue proceeds the same as the cpu issue. i fail to believe cpu
    isn't pegged and only memory is pegged. How did it get to memory? it must
    have been loaded by the cpu. Do you have any very large datasets? 100k plus
    rows of data? Point the finger at this guy first. I agree, it is not easy
    work.

    Alvin Bruney, Oct 14, 2003