Re: Want to save an image into XML by using C#

Discussion in 'XML' started by usenet@tech-know-ware.com, Jan 11, 2008.

  1. Guest

    On 11 Jan, 05:49, shoukat rasool <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am new to XML .I want to save and read an image into XML file by using
    > C#.Any body will help me.Thanks
    >
    > *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

    You have to convert binary data (e.g. images) into something like
    Base64 before you can store it in XML. Base64 converts the data so
    that it consists only of ASCII printable characters. It does cause
    the size of the data to expand though, so you might not want to do it
    for large images. If you do have large images, one option is to store
    the images outside of the XML (say in a file or at some URI/URL) and
    then include a reference to the image in the XML (much as HTML does).

    HTH,

    Pete Cordell
    Codalogic
    Visit http://www.codalogic.com/lmx/ for XML C++ data binding