Re: WANTED: Documentation or Tutrial on C

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by gdotone, Jul 25, 2012.

  1. gdotone

    gdotone Guest

    On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
    > I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C. I will
    > be using gcc and g++ and there are no docs that came wiht them. Finding a
    > doc would be cheaper than buying a book....but I might have to if I dont
    > get any replies. I have found docs on Assembly and others...but C, being
    > so popular, you would think have many documentations. Im sure there are
    > some. Please post or email if you have some or know of any. Thanks :)
    >
    > /* David */

    How about?

    http://www.codingunit.com/
    gdotone, Jul 25, 2012

  2. gdotone <> writes:
    > On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
    >> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C. I will
    >> be using gcc and g++ and there are no docs that came wiht them. Finding a
    >> doc would be cheaper than buying a book....but I might have to if I dont
    >> get any replies. I have found docs on Assembly and others...but C, being
    >> so popular, you would think have many documentations. Im sure there are
    >> some. Please post or email if you have some or know of any. Thanks :)
    >>
    >> /* David */
    >>

    > How about?
    >
    > http://www.codingunit.com/

    Are you aware that you're replying to an article that was posted 17
    years ago?

    Will write code for food.
    Keith Thompson, Jul 25, 2012

  3. gdotone <> writes:

    > On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
    >> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C.

    <snip>
    > How about?
    >
    > http://www.codingunit.com/

    <sigh> Who writes these things? More to the point maybe, does no one
    edit them?

    This one has, as usual, a number of things that are flat out wrong (more
    or less than others, I can't say) but, to me, the worst thing is the
    casual lack of attention to detail that seems to be a feature of these
    things. Surely this passes that same attitude on the people who learn
    from such tutorials, and that can't be good.

    --
    Ben.
    Ben Bacarisse, Jul 25, 2012
  4. gdotone

    Les Cargill Guest

    Ben Bacarisse wrote:
    > gdotone <> writes:
    >
    >> On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
    >>> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C.

    > <snip>
    >> How about?
    >>
    >> http://www.codingunit.com/

    > <sigh> Who writes these things? More to the point maybe, does no one
    > edit them?
    >
    > This one has, as usual, a number of things that are flat out wrong (more
    > or less than others, I can't say) but, to me, the worst thing is the
    > casual lack of attention to detail that seems to be a feature of these
    > things. Surely this passes that same attitude on the people who learn
    > from such tutorials, and that can't be good.

    The tutorial for 'C' is and always has been K&R. It's
    a masterpiece of technical writing. It might even be
    the reason we still talk about 'C'.

    --
    Les Cargill
    Les Cargill, Jul 25, 2012
  5. gdotone

    ralph Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 01:30:48 -0700, Keith Thompson <>
    wrote:

    >gdotone <> writes:
    >> On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
    >>> I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C. I will
    >>> be using gcc and g++ and there are no docs that came wiht them. Finding a
    >>> doc would be cheaper than buying a book....but I might have to if I dont
    >>> get any replies. I have found docs on Assembly and others...but C, being
    >>> so popular, you would think have many documentations. Im sure there are
    >>> some. Please post or email if you have some or know of any. Thanks :)
    >>>
    >>> /* David */
    >>>

    >> How about?
    >>
    >> http://www.codingunit.com/

    >Are you aware that you're replying to an article that was posted 17
    >years ago?

    Perhaps he has been on a trip? Sirius would be about right.
    ralph, Jul 26, 2012
  6. gdotone

    Guest

    On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:50:46 AM UTC-7, gdotone wrote:
    > On Thursday, July 20, 1995 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Ingrid Dillon wrote:
    >
    > > I have looked everywhere for a documentation or a tutorial on C. I will

    > > be using gcc and g++ and there are no docs that came wiht them. Finding a

    > > doc would be cheaper than buying a book....but I might have to if I dont

    > > get any replies. I have found docs on Assembly and others...but C, being

    > > so popular, you would think have many documentations. Im sure there are

    > > some. Please post or email if you have some or know of any. Thanks :)

    > > /* David */

    > How about?
    >

    > http://www.codingunit.com/

    Thanks...