Re: WebDav Server with ASP.NET IHttpHander, IIS 6.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve Drake, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Steve Drake

    Steve Drake Guest

    The access denied is a red herein, you need to responded to the client
    correctly or your webdav client will not connect.

    We have wrote one in C# using an HTTP Handler, I did have this problem and
    fixed it by finding the problem with a SOAP trace.

    Steve

    "drasticp" <> wrote in message
    > I want to create a custom webdav server by implementing IHttpHandler in my

    own class and firing it via IIS 6.0 Wildcard Application Maps. I have
    written my HttpHandler class implementing IHttpHandler. In the
    ProcessRequest method, I simply write a line to the Application Event Log
    stating what verb was requested.

    > It doesn't work with a wildcard application map and a WebDav request.
    >
    > If I configure an extension specific map (.test for example) and launch a

    GET request from a browser, the handler fires as expected and records the
    event to the Event Log. If I remove all extension specific maps and
    configure a Wildcard Application Map and launch a GET request from a
    browser, it works correctly. HOWEVER, when I try to map a drive to the
    virtual directory (with the mini-redirector in XP) I am prompted for
    username and password. No accounts even with administrator level access will
    satisfy the prompt. I always receive Error 5 (access denied).

    > A few other details: WebDav is enabled as a Web Service Extension in IIS 6

    configuration. I've tried creating an application pool with administrator
    level identity. NTFS file permissions for the content directory are set to
    Everyone - Full Control. Write and Directory Browsing are checked on the
    application folder. I have configured my application in both the web server
    root and in a virtual directory.

    Steve Drake, Jun 3, 2004