Re: WebDav Server with ASP.NET IHttpHander, IIS 6.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve Drake, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Steve Drake

    Steve Drake Guest

    Are you responding to the options verb? this is how the web client know you
    do webdav.

    The tool that XP provides also support front page extenions, it does an
    OPTIONS to decind what to use, SOAP trace shows all this.

    This is our CODE to reply to an options VERB :

    void options()
    {
    SetStatus(200);
    Response.AppendHeader("DAV", "1,2");
    //TODO: Check 3 headers below
    Response.AppendHeader("MS-Author-Via","DAV");
    Response.AppendHeader("Versioning-Support","DAV:basicversioning");
    Response.AppendHeader("DASL","<DAV:sql>");
    AddAllowedVerbsHeaders();
    }

    protected void AddAllowedVerbsHeaders()
    {
    Response.AppendHeader("Public","OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD, DELETE, PUT,
    POST, COPY, MOVE, MKCOL, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, LOCK, UNLOCK, SEARCH,
    SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBSCRIBE, POLL, BDELETE, BCOPY, BMOVE, BPROPPATCH,
    BPROPFIND");
    Response.AppendHeader("Allow","OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD, DELETE, PUT,
    COPY, MOVE, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, SEARCH, SUBSCRIBE, UNSUBSCRIBE, POLL,
    BDELETE, BCOPY, BMOVE, BPROPPATCH, BPROPFIND, LOCK, UNLOCK");
    }

    "drasticp" <> wrote in message
    > I want to create a custom webdav server by implementing IHttpHandler in my

    own class and firing it via IIS 6.0 Wildcard Application Maps. I have
    written my HttpHandler class implementing IHttpHandler. In the
    ProcessRequest method, I simply write a line to the Application Event Log
    stating what verb was requested.

    > It doesn't work with a wildcard application map and a WebDav request.
    >
    > If I configure an extension specific map (.test for example) and launch a

    GET request from a browser, the handler fires as expected and records the
    event to the Event Log. If I remove all extension specific maps and
    configure a Wildcard Application Map and launch a GET request from a
    browser, it works correctly. HOWEVER, when I try to map a drive to the
    virtual directory (with the mini-redirector in XP) I am prompted for
    username and password. No accounts even with administrator level access will
    satisfy the prompt. I always receive Error 5 (access denied).

    > A few other details: WebDav is enabled as a Web Service Extension in IIS 6

    configuration. I've tried creating an application pool with administrator
    level identity. NTFS file permissions for the content directory are set to
    Everyone - Full Control. Write and Directory Browsing are checked on the
    application folder. I have configured my application in both the web server
    root and in a virtual directory.

    Steve Drake, Jun 3, 2004