Re: What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Donn, Oct 12, 2009.

  1. Donn

    Donn Guest

    On Monday 12 October 2009 00:53:42 Someone Something wrote:
    > 1) What should I start programming (project that takes 1-2 months, not very
    > short term)?
    > 2) Whtat are some good open source projects I can start coding for?

    These kinds of questions amaze me. Surely you are a kid in a candy shop when
    it comes to things to code?
    The best place to start a project is to scratch an itch: pick something that
    really bugs you, or something that is plain missing, or something that you are
    interested in, and start solving the problem.
    No O/S or Desktop or App is perfect. There are a thousand gaps between all
    those things that need solutions or improvements.

    Find an "itch" and either:
    1. Find a project in that direction and try to join.
    2. Start your own.

    \d

    Donn, Oct 12, 2009

  2. Donn

    Che M Guest

    On Oct 12, 12:19 am, Donn <> wrote:
    > On Monday 12 October 2009 00:53:42 Someone Something wrote:> 1) What should I start programming (project that takes 1-2 months, not very
    > > short term)?
    > > 2) Whtat are some good open source projects I can start coding for?

    > These kinds of questions amaze me. Surely you are a kid in a candy shop when
    > it comes to things to code?
    >  The best place to start a project is to scratch an itch: pick something that
    > really bugs you, or something that is plain missing, or something that you are
    > interested in, and start solving the problem.
    >  No O/S or Desktop or App is perfect. There are a thousand gaps between all
    > those things that need solutions or improvements.
    >
    > Find an "itch" and either:
    > 1. Find a project in that direction and try to join.
    > 2. Start your own.
    >
    > \d

    As long it is not another new code editor for Python. There are a lot
    already.

    Che M, Oct 12, 2009

  3. Donn

    Tim Chase Guest

    Che M wrote:
    >> 2. Start your own.

    > As long it is not another new code editor for Python.
    > There are a lot already.

    How about writing a web framework instead? [grins & ducks]

    -tkc

    Tim Chase, Oct 12, 2009
  4. Donn

    n00m Guest

    I'm going to develop further my py. script for
    text detection and localization in raster images:
    http://funkybee.narod.ru/

    Slow Doe...

    n00m, Oct 12, 2009