Re: What does this mean?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Toby A Inkster, Sep 29, 2003.

  1. Paul F. Johnson wrote:

    > I've seen this sort of thing (html > body) quite a few times on different
    > style sheets, but have never understood what it did.

    'a>b' in a stylesheet means 'b that is a direct child of a'.

    For example:

    a>b {
    color: green;
    }

    <a>
    <b>This text is green.</b>
    </a>

    <a>
    <c>
    <b>This text might not be in green.</b>
    </c>
    </a>

    variables, rather than a link, some bold and some nonexistant tag.]

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Sep 29, 2003