Re: What file outputs can I use in java xsl transform?

Discussion in 'Java' started by John B. Matthews, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. In article
    <>,
    gaff <> wrote:
    [...]
    > My question is; what are the legitimate file TYPES can I can put for
    > XXX that would also work for uploading a file (for example with http?)
    >
    > trans.transform(xmlSource, XXX);

    [...]

    XXX can be any instance that implements the javax.xml.transform.Result
    interface:

    <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/Result.html>

    StreamResult is one such choice. For debugging, I use
    StreamResult(System.out). Other OutputStream choices are possible:

    <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/io/OutputStream.html>

    I don't understand what you mean by "file TYPES". The result of applying
    an XSLT to an XML document is another XML document. If you're writing to
    a file, I would think that the same file type as the source would do. If
    you're uploading using HTTP, you would set the Content-Type header.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com
    John B. Matthews, Sep 11, 2008

  2. John B. Matthews

    Bhanu Guest

    On Sep 11, 9:20 pm, "John B. Matthews" <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>, gaff <> wrote:
    >
    > [...]> My question is; what are the legitimate file TYPES can I can put for
    > > XXX that would also work for uploading a file (for example with http?)

    > > trans.transform(xmlSource, XXX);

    > [...]
    >
    > XXX can be any instance that implements the javax.xml.transform.Result
    > interface:
    >
    > <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/transform/Result.html>
    >
    > StreamResult is one such choice. For debugging, I use
    > StreamResult(System.out). Other OutputStream choices are possible:
    >
    > <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/io/OutputStream.html>
    >
    > I don't understand what you mean by "file TYPES". The result of applying
    > an XSLT to an XML document is another XML document. If you're writing to
    > a file, I would think that the same file type as the source would do. If
    > you're uploading using HTTP, you would set the Content-Type header.
    >
    > --
    > John B. Matthews
    > trashgod at gmail dot com
    > home dot woh dot rr dot com slash jbmatthews

    XSL allows you to write any type of file, txt, rtf, xml, html, or what
    ever you want as long as you know how to write that format.

    In short XSL doesnt restricts you to write some specfic format.

    S7 Software
    Bhanu, Sep 12, 2008