Re: What is a profiling tool?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Roedy Green wrote:

    >>What is a profiling tool?
    >>What does it do?
    >>How is it different from a regular debugging tool?

    > see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/profiler.html

    Are there tools that work with eclipse (linux)?

    Ahmed Moustafa, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:40:53 GMT, Ahmed Moustafa
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Are there tools that work with eclipse (linux)?

    java -Xprof MyClass > prof.txt

    :)

    You would have to check the websites of the URLS I gave you to see
    which ones run under Linux.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Roedy Green

    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Are there tools that work with eclipse (linux)?

    HPJmeter is advertised to work on HP-UX, Solaris™, Windows®, and Linux
    platforms. I think it is written in pure Java and just reads the
    profile dump file.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Aug 20, 2003