Re: What is Cross Browser Compatibility?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 18, 2012.

  1. Alan_Smith wrote the following SPAM:

    > Means site compatible with all major browsers. All browsers work
    > differently. Nowadays people use different browsers. It's a good idea to
    > design your website so that the vast majority of viewers can receive the
    > full benefit of your site.:)

    Several more good ideas: use Strict DOCTYPEs; write errorless code;
    eschew flashy glitz; design sites where all the content is not layered on
    top of other content, rendering it unreadable. Try viewing your site with
    JavaScript disabled: it's a real mess.

    Your spam has told us that your web site has:

    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http:/%
    2Fwww.spinxwebdesign.com%2F>
    Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
    Result: 59 Errors, 14 warning(s)

    <http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?
    profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spinxwebdesign.com%2F>
    Sorry! We found the following errors (82)

    Why would anyone want to hire you???

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 18, 2012

  2. On 2012-02-18 17:42:52 +0000, Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:

    > Alan_Smith wrote the following SPAM:
    >
    >> Means site compatible with all major browsers. All browsers work
    >> differently. Nowadays people use different browsers. It's a good idea to
    >> design your website so that the vast majority of viewers can receive the
    >> full benefit of your site.:)

    > Several more good ideas: use Strict DOCTYPEs; write errorless code;
    > eschew flashy glitz; design sites where all the content is not layered on
    > top of other content, rendering it unreadable. Try viewing your site with
    > JavaScript disabled: it's a real mess.

    One other point, don't assume a fixed window width: too narrow, and
    part of the text is cut off; too wide, and have acres of empty space.

    [ … ]

    > Why would anyone want to hire you???

    Why indeed?

    --