Re: What is the best book to learn Python from Perl and C++ background

Discussion in 'Python' started by nn, Mar 4, 2011.

  1. nn

    nn Guest

    On Mar 4, 12:49 pm, Ignoramus20691 <ignoramus20...@NOSPAM.
    20691.invalid> wrote:
    > I bought a "Hello World!" book for my 9 year old son. The book teached
    > "programming for kids" and it does it in Python.
    >
    > I do not know any Python, but I am very comfortable with C++ and perl.
    > I wrote a little over 100k lines of perl.
    >
    > I want to learn Python quickly to help him with his studies/fun.
    >
    > I would prefer a "no shit" book that quickly teaches a language to
    > programmers.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    The included ~12 page tutorial was all I needed; the rest was just
    looking up stuff in the standard documentation and messing around at
    the interactive prompt:

    http://docs.python.org/tutorial/index.html

    nn, Mar 4, 2011