Re: What is the best testbook on algorithms in graph

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Weng Tianxiang, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. Mark P wrote:
    > Weng Tianxiang wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I want to buy some books on algoirthms in graph.
    > >
    > > Of the following 5 books, which one is best on descriptions algorithms
    > > in graph:
    > >

    > [...]
    >
    > I don't know any of the books but perhaps you could be more specific
    > about what you want to know about graph algorithms. If it's only basic
    > algorithms (shortest path, min. spanning tree, network flows, etc.) then
    > there are many general algorithm texts that would cover these. For more
    > specialized applications we need to know more about your intentions.

    Hi Mark,
    I am a hardware FPGA designer. What I want to do is to try to design a
    new hardware circuit to tackle the most difficult and very famous
    algorithms in graph.
    1. The algorithms in graph are very commonly used;
    2. The algorithms computing complexity is high, for example, O(N**m), m
    >= 2;

    I would like to learn the algorithms, then try to find a hardware
    solution for them.

    I found the maximum matching problem for bipartite in graph is an
    interesting problem:
    it has computing complexity of O(N**2.5) and very famous. I am doing
    research on it now.
    I would like to find more similar situations like the maximum matching
    problem in graphs.

    Thank you.

    Weng

    Weng Tianxiang, Sep 4, 2006