Re: What thimgs ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Brian Cryer, Nov 18, 2010.

  1. Brian Cryer

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Abdullah Kahn" <> wrote in message
    >I want to learn how to make a professional looking website. Apart from
    >html, what else must I learn ? Javascript, and what else ?

    Be aware that not everyone has the gift to make a professional looking
    website.

    Beauregard has already mentioned CSS, and a graphical designer.

    You will probably need to know about server side scriting - PHP or ASP.NET -
    and the implications of your choice - not wishing to start a flame war,
    ASP.NET is more flexible than PHP (IMO), but hosting for it costs more,
    ASP.NET requires IIS which is less flexible than Apache (IMO).

    Then you've got AJAX as well, but that's probably icing on the cake.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Nov 18, 2010