RE: What's better about Ruby than Python?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cliff Wells, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Cliff Wells

    Cliff Wells Guest

    On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 14:48, wrote:
    > [Aahz]
    > > Oh, come on, Brandon is *much* less of a troll than T*m*t*y
    > > R*e. Unlike the R**bot, we do some interesting topics out of
    > > Brandon, they're just written with such antagonism that I'd be
    > > hard-pressed to top them.
    > >

    > Ahh, yes, Mr. Rue... It's been a while since he's dropped by
    > for a visit :)
    >
    > I think like you Aahz, that people's dumping way to harsh-like
    > on Brandon. And it's strange to me, because normally people's
    > much more polite here than elsewhere; I wonder what's squishing
    > everyone's balls so tight to make them so.

    As annoying as Timothy is, his annoying qualities can easily be
    attributed to a less-than-agile mind. His arrogance rings of madness,
    which should be pitied, not despised. Brandon, on the other hand, is
    annoying and arrogant without the saving grace of being either stupid or
    insane.

    Regards,

    --
    Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
    Logiplex Corporation (www.logiplex.net)

    Cliff Wells, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Brandon's personal style (was)

    Cliff Wells wrote:
    > Brandon, on the other hand, is
    > annoying and arrogant without the saving grace of being either stupid
    > or insane.

    Well, at least my sanity is vouched for! Would be interesting for you to
    debate with Aahz.

    --
    Cheers, www.3DProgrammer.com
    Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

    20% of the world is real.

    Brandon J. Van Every, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Cliff Wells

    Cliff Wells Guest

    Re: Brandon's personal style (was)

    On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 23:30, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
    > Cliff Wells wrote:
    > > Brandon, on the other hand, is annoying and arrogant without the

    > saving grace of being either stupid or insane.
    >
    > Well, at least my sanity is vouched for! Would be interesting for you to
    > debate with Aahz.

    Threading is almost worthless with Python. Just typing "import
    threading" practically guarantees a 40% slowdown in a Python
    application. Plus the fact that you can't stop a running thread makes
    them useless anyway.

    That should do it.

    Regards,
    Cliff

    --
    Should I stand midst the breakers, Should I lie with Death my bride?
    -This Mortal Coil

    Cliff Wells, Aug 19, 2003
  4. Re: Brandon's personal style (was)

    Cliff Wells wrote:
    > On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 23:30, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
    >> Cliff Wells wrote:
    >>> Brandon, on the other hand, is annoying and arrogant without the

    >> saving grace of being either stupid or insane.
    >>
    >> Well, at least my sanity is vouched for! Would be interesting for
    >> you to debate with Aahz.

    > Threading is almost worthless with Python. Just typing "import
    > threading" practically guarantees a 40% slowdown in a Python
    > application. Plus the fact that you can't stop a running thread makes
    > them useless anyway.
    >
    > That should do it.

    I meant in regards to my sanity. ;-) Aahz has deduced that because I'm not
    a troll, I'm insane.

    Brandon J. Van Every, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Cliff Wells

    Aahz Guest

    Re: Brandon's personal style (was)

    In article <bhsool$2n84s$-berlin.de>,
    Brandon J. Van Every <> wrote:

    >I meant in regards to my sanity. ;-) Aahz has deduced that because I'm not
    >a troll, I'm insane.

    No, I haven't. You have a problem with reading comprehension. As I
    said before, I'm not going to waste further time trying to educate you,
    but I wanted to make clear that you are not reading what I wrote.
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    with useful practice. --Aahz

    Aahz, Aug 20, 2003