Re: What's Wrong with this?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by David Davis., Aug 15, 2003.

  1. David Davis.

    David Davis. Guest

    Sean Jorden wrote:

    > David Davis <> wrote in

    > >> Again, you cannot do this with plain HTML.

    > > In other words you don't know how to do it.
    > >

    > you would think this would be possible, but... Hypothetical situation: IE
    > and Outlook. IE would have to interpret that form, invoke Outlook and
    > populate the message with the form data. However it doesn't seem to do
    > anything more that pass the address and subject (from the URI only).

    I don't use Bill Gates mistakes, creatures from hell, so I cannot
    tell you what it does, but I can tell you what Netscape does.
    The page comes up you hit the browse button, look for the file,
    add it, then hit submit, it send it and the attachment comes up
    as a URL, you click on the URL and a 10 kb file is downloaded
    where you like, and it is not the .jpg file though. What's up with
    that?

    Why is it only 10 kb not say the 16 kb it was?

    David Davis., Aug 15, 2003

  2. David Davis. wrote:

    > Sean Jorden wrote:
    >> you would think this would be possible, but... Hypothetical situation: IE
    >> and Outlook.

    > I don't use Bill Gates mistakes, creatures from hell,

    I know... you use...

    Ha ha ha! Is this the worst browser in history? Quite possibly.

    playing://(nothing)
    Toby A Inkster, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Joel Shepherd wrote:

    > Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >> David Davis. wrote:

    >> Ha ha ha! Is this the worst browser in history? Quite possibly.

    > What does an e-mail client have to do with a browser?

    David certainly implied that he was using Netscape as a browser:

    "I don't use Bill Gates mistakes, creatures from hell, so I cannot
    tell you what it does, but I can tell you what Netscape does."

    and I can't imagine he has Netscape 4 and a more recent Netscape installed
    side by side, yet still uses Netscape 4 for e-mail.

    playing://(nothing)
    Toby A Inkster, Aug 16, 2003