Re: where can i get IE for os x?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bruce Grubb, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Bruce Grubb

    Bruce Grubb Guest

    In article
    <>,
    dorayme <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Bruce Grubb <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > "subboya1a" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > i just got a new iBook with Tiger, and i cannot for the life of me find
    > > > IE for OS X. i know it's a dying critter, but it's still necessary at
    > > > times, especially for making sure webpages are working properly.

    > > Why is it "necessary" to make sure webpages are working properly?
    > >
    > > HTML is supposed to be a standard that doesn't care what browser you use.
    > > If the webpage you are looking at *requires* IE it was designed by an idiot
    > > and is run my morons.

    > No, there is a misunderstanding here. What is supposed to be the
    > case is rarely how the world actually is. And the issue is not
    > about "requiring IE"

    What you think 'best viewed in IE' means? It means the third rate hack that
    designed the site designed *for* IE.

    > Most people use IE (yes, true, IE Win and this has been discussed
    > before - there may well be a mistaken belief by the OP that IE
    > Mac will help him). IE is notoriously naughty about common
    > standards of html and more important, css.

    But most if not all the bug require you to be doing something that HTML
    really is not well suited to (ie page layouting)
    Bruce Grubb, Apr 26, 2006