Re: Where to download JRE7 for OS?X?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Arne Vajhøj, May 15, 2012.

  1. Arne Vajhøj

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/9/2012 10:05 PM, Richard Maher wrote:
    > I can't see an OS/X JRE option on this Oracle Java7 downloads page: -
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-7u4-download-1591157.html
    >
    > But there does appear to be an Oracle supplied JDK for Java7 on OS/X
    > available here:
    > http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-7u4-downloads-1591156.html
    >
    > Is there a Java 7 run-time kit generally available for OS/X? Is it a
    > transitioning thing from Apple-supplied-Java to Oracle-supplied? Just
    > get everyone to download the JDK?

    For whatever reason there does not seem to be a JRE 7u4 available
    from Oracle.

    The JRE page links to:

    http://jdk7.java.net/macportpreview/

    which has a JRE 7u6 DPR.

    Take the JDK 7u4 or the JRE 7u6 DPR and don't waste your time
    trying to understand Oracle.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, May 15, 2012