Re: Where to get stand alone Dot Net Framework version 1.1, version 2.0, version 3.0, version 3.5, v

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by V Green, Feb 5, 2008.

  1. V Green

    V Green Guest

    "pg" <> wrote in message
    > My old HD crashes, so I had to do a total re-install.
    >
    > After installer XP, I went to the Micrsoft Update site to get all the
    > update.
    >
    > After 5 hours or so ... the update cycle started looping.
    >
    > You see, it wanted to install the Dot Net Framework for me, so okay, I
    > let the Update site do the download the installation.
    >
    > After the download, and installation, it tells me that the some of
    > installation for the Dot Net Framework had failed. So I had to reboot,
    > and then went back to the Update Site for another round of download
    > and install.
    >
    > The same thing happen. Some part of the installation failed.
    >
    > Then reboot. Back to the Update site again. Download, install. Install
    > failed.
    >
    > And on. And on. And on. An endless loop.
    >
    > Now 5 MORE hours later, I'm tired. Really tired.
    >
    > Can anyone please tell me where to download the Dot Net Framework plus
    > the PATCHES (SP1 for version 2.0 and SP1 for version 3.0), all in
    > Stand-Alone packages ?
    >
    > That way, I can download them, and then try to install them offline,
    > one-by-one. And don't need to go back to that stupid Update site to
    > get stuck on that enless reboot-download-install-installation fail
    > cycle again.
    >
    > Please help !
    >
    > Thank you !

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx?displaylang=en

    Scroll down to the "Recommended Downloads"

    Click the .NET framework link.

    All the redist packages are on the resulting page.
    V Green, Feb 5, 2008