Re: Which book is better, Core Java or Thinking in Java?

Discussion in 'Java' started by IchBin, May 1, 2005.

  1. IchBin

    IchBin Guest

    SteveSmith@nomail. wrote:
    > Or is there something better for someone who is a beginner to Java?
    >
    > Is one of these two books better for learning Swing? Overall which is better for all the
    > important topics?
    >
    > I've been using the downloaded version of Thinking in Java as a reference while reading
    > another book. I've just started reading Chaper 14 "Creating Windows and Applets". I'm not
    > that happy with it. Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into it yet but so far I don't think
    > he tells you enough about what the methods do or even the purpose of the different classes
    > like JFrame, JApplet and JPanel at least not at first. Maybe it gets better later in the
    > chapter so I can't say for sure it's not that good at this point.
    >
    > Thank you.

    You don't need either books just try these links

    Here are the links:

    Tutorial: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/reallybigindex.html
    API doc : http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    'The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical
    substances:
    if there is any reaction, both are transformed.'
    - Carl Gustav Jung, (1875-1961), psychiatrist and psychologist
    IchBin, May 1, 2005