Re: Which book is the best?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Demian Brecht, Oct 16, 2012.

  1. On 10/15/2012 9:27 PM, è€çˆ· wrote:
    > I have strong c++ development experience. But now I want to study the
    > python to do some windows setting task, such as editing file, changing
    > the system setting, doing some network processing. Please help me which
    > book is the best?
    > Thanks.

    If you're already a seasoned developer, nothing beats the official
    Python docs (http://python.org/doc/). I find most books to be filled
    with unnecessary narratives. The Python documentation is relatively
    terse and very well organized. As such, it'll get you off to the races
    in no time.

    One of the many beautiful things about Python is the interactive help:

    $python
    >>> import re
    >>> help(re)

    You may also want to take a read through this:

    $python
    >>> import this

    Demian Brecht, Oct 16, 2012