Re: Which proggie d/loads the whole web page?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 29, 2010.

  1. wtf wrote:

    > I want to backup my web site and make it available for d/load.

    Begs the question ... why don't you already have the source on your own
    (development) computer?

    > What would be the best?

    wget? http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/

    Since you didn't describe the makeup of your site, if once knowing that,
    there may be other answers.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 29, 2010

  2. wtf wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> wtf wrote:
    >>> I want to backup my web site and make it available for d/load.

    >> Begs the question ... why don't you already have the source on your
    >> own (development) computer?

    You didn't answer that question ...

    >>> What would be the best?

    >> wget? http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/
    >>
    >> Since you didn't describe the makeup of your site, if once knowing
    >> that, there may be other answers.

    > I think that there are two ways to d/load the whole web page.

    What control panel does your host use? My sites all use cPanel, and it
    has a backup utility.

    You can also use your FTP tool, and download the whole thing.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 2, 2010