Re: while expression feature proposal

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cameron Simpson, Oct 27, 2012.

  1. On 26Oct2012 19:19, Devin Jeanpierre <> wrote:
    | (I've always been partial to ":=", personally.)

    I'm less so. It is hard to type (on my keyboard anyway, that's a shifted
    keystroke followed by an unshifted one). I mank that up often enough
    that I would resent it for something as oft used as an assignment.

    Visually, yes, it's good. I was happy with it in Pascal and its like,
    though I find the succinctness of plain "=" very attractive given that
    it is only available on the left in Python, where it is easy to see and
    not prone to mixups with == later in an expression.

    Cheers,
    --
    Cameron Simpson <>

    George, discussing a patent and prior art:
    "Look, this publication has a date, the patent has a priority date,
    can't you just compare them?"
    Paul Sutcliffe:
    "Not unless you're a lawyer."

    Cameron Simpson, Oct 27, 2012