Re: Who can help me?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Mike Wahler, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. Mike Wahler

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "Ioannis Vranos" <> wrote in message

    > Yes, programming is about solving problems including 3D Games :), and
    > all languages have their uses, however myself consider C++ to be the
    > best general purpose programming language which is also efficient.

    Yes, I agree, but still stand by what I wrote:
    C++ is not easy to learn, especially for a beginner programmer.

    > Also answering to someone asking for a compiler in a language newsgroup,
    > by telling him to move to another language is trolling.

    I don't think so. You didn't address context (beginner programmer),
    "Phlip" did.

    > > And imo C++ is not a very good tool to use
    > > for learning programming.

    > That's your opinion. I think it is a very good one.
    >
    > Myself began with C90 and moved to C++98. Learning C++98 since the
    > beginning is a lot easier.

    I began with assembly on a mainframe, submitted on Hollerith cards.

    Yes, I'm "old". :)

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Mike Wahler wrote:

    > I began with assembly on a mainframe, submitted on Hollerith cards.
    >
    > Yes, I'm "old". :)

    You have my respect for that.

    --
    Ioannis Vranos