Re: Why CSS is better than HTML Table?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Apr 1, 2012.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 09:00:16 -0400, Alan_Smith wrote:

    > If you want to improve the visual aspects of your website then CSS is
    > the best option for you that will help you do this more efficiently. It
    > offers great benefits, you can not be found in the HTML table. There are
    > some reasons why CSS is better than HTML table:
    > • It allows developers to write less code for the website so that it
    > takes less time to load the site.
    > • Since the content is separated from the layout styles, redesigning
    > with CSS can be very efficient. You only have to update the CSS file and
    > the changes will be implemented over the whole structure.
    > • With less code CSS-based websites can easily be indexed by robots.
    > This has a direct impact on SEO factors.
    > • The CSS-based designs are flexible and expandable. That gives
    > designers more power and freedom to exercise their creativity in web
    > development.

    CSS has nothing to do with content. Only how that content is displayed.
    Changing a CSS file does not change the content.

    Tables are stiii usefull for a variety of things.
    The way a table is displayed can also be done using CSS.
    CSS does not care what the element is or it's use.
    richard, Apr 1, 2012

  2. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <wfn23n7f85nz.1db8xtlc9iipo$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > CSS does not care what the element is or it's use.

    It is true that CSS is somewhat aloof. I have heard it shoots off for
    a game of golf leaving its properties behind to do the work. As for
    CSS properties, they are a bit fussy, some only go to work on elements
    when other properties have turned up for work. 'list-style-image'
    seems to care whether the element it is asked to go to work on is
    'display: list-item', 'content' likes elements that are bit queer and
    so on.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 1, 2012

  3. richard

    Tim W Guest

    On 01/04/2012 00:19, dorayme wrote:
    > It is true that CSS is somewhat aloof. .... 'content' likes elements that are bit queer and
    > so on.

    Thanks, I didn't know that. I will certainly stay away from 'content'
    properties in future, and I will warn my children about the places they
    hang out in.

    Tim W
    Tim W, Apr 1, 2012
  4. On 01/04/2012 09:39, Tim W wrote:
    > On 01/04/2012 00:19, dorayme wrote:
    >> It is true that CSS is somewhat aloof. .... 'content' likes elements
    >> that are bit queer and
    >> so on.
    >>

    > Thanks, I didn't know that. I will certainly stay away from 'content'
    > properties in future, and I will warn my children about the places they
    > hang out in.
    >
    > Tim W

    The people down there really like to get it on.

    --
    Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
    painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman
    Martin Edwards, Apr 1, 2012