Re: Why Deitel's book should be bad?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Default User, Jul 6, 2008.

  1. Default User

    Default User Guest

    nembo kid wrote:

    > According to accu.org, Deitel's "How to program" is not reccomended.
    >
    > I don't agree. I have the 3rd ed. and I find it ok.

    The very first line of the review:

    "What strikes me most about this book is that, in contrast to many
    other texts revised or written after the release of the latest
    standard, Deitel and Deitel appear to have made no effort to update
    their material to reflect the new standard."

    That right there should be an automatic not recommended in almost
    anyone's review. Why would you not want to learn standard C++?

    Brian
    Default User, Jul 6, 2008

  2. Default User

    Pete Becker wrote:

    > On 2008-07-06 16:14:35 -0400, "Default User"
    > <> said:
    >
    > > nembo kid wrote:
    > >
    > > > According to accu.org, Deitel's "How to program" is not
    > > > reccomended.
    > > >
    > > > I don't agree. I have the 3rd ed. and I find it ok.

    > > That right there should be an automatic not recommended in almost
    > > anyone's review. Why would you not want to learn standard C++?
    > >

    > That review is three editions out of date.

    But it's the one the OP asked about.

    Brian
    Default User, Jul 7, 2008

  3. On Jul 6, 6:02 pm, Pete Becker <> wrote:
    > On 2008-07-06 16:14:35 -0400, "Default User" <> said:
    >

    > > nembo kid wrote:

    > >> According to accu.org, Deitel's "How to program" is not reccomended.

    > >> I don't agree. I have the 3rd ed. and I find it ok.

    > > The very first line of the review:

    > > "What strikes me most about this book is that, in contrast to many
    > > other texts revised or written after the release of the latest
    > > standard, Deitel and Deitel appear to have made no effort to update
    > > their material to reflect the new standard."

    > > That right there should be an automatic not recommended in almost
    > > anyone's review. Why would you not want to learn standard C++?

    > That review is three editions out of date.

    and it is the most f***ing bloated book I've seen ever!

    all Deitel books follow that heavy style :(
    Diego Martins, Jul 7, 2008