Re: why did the WindowsError occur?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Lawrence, Sep 5, 2012.

  1. On 05/09/2012 07:30, Levi Nie wrote:
    > my code:
    > import os
    > os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')
    >
    > the error:
    > os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')
    > WindowsError: [Error 2] : 'C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer.exe'

    Because you've done something wrong. If you'd like to tell us what
    you've done to find out where the problem is, we are far more likely to
    help. Please remember that the rates of pay here are amongst the lowest
    in the world :)

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.
    Mark Lawrence, Sep 5, 2012

  2. On Wednesday, 5 September 2012 13:21:58 UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:
    > On 05/09/2012 07:30, Levi Nie wrote:
    >
    > > my code:

    > > import os

    > > os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')

    > > the error:

    > > os.startfile(r'C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer.exe')

    > > WindowsError: [Error 2] : 'C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer.exe'

    > Because you've done something wrong. If you'd like to tell us what
    >
    > you've done to find out where the problem is, we are far more likely to
    >
    > help. Please remember that the rates of pay here are amongst the lowest
    >
    > in the world :)

    I haven't heard anybody in a group paying money to be able to answer a question!
    So it should be the lowest rates of pay in the world.

    Ramchandra Apte, Sep 5, 2012

    Ramchandra Apte, Sep 5, 2012
  4. On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Ramchandra Apte <> wrote:
    > On Wednesday, 5 September 2012 13:21:58 UTC+5:30, Mark Lawrence wrote:
    >> Because you've done something wrong. If you'd like to tell us what
    >> you've done to find out where the problem is, we are far more likely to
    >> help. Please remember that the rates of pay here are amongst the lowest
    >> in the world :)

    > I haven't heard anybody in a group paying money to be able to answer a question!
    > So it should be the lowest rates of pay in the world.

    Technically no, but when you consider the number of man-hours that get
    donated, it's pretty impressive. We may not pay money, but we sure do
    pay a lot of time. And why? Because the problems are interesting and
    fun to solve. There's a lot more "replay value" in this list than
    there is in most video games!

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Sep 5, 2012