Re: Why HTML5 instead of flash?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by cwdjrxyz, Mar 17, 2012.

  1. cwdjrxyz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Mar 17, 12:46*am, Delois <> wrote:
    > *Flash* is the platform of the multimedia and through the flash you can
    > give different effects and animations to your designs. But the
    > disadvantage of the flash is that for running the flash you need to
    > install the flash player in your browser.
    >
    > On the other hand today *HTML5* is the best tool for creating the
    > website as well as for giving the different effects and there is no any
    > external tool is required for running the HTML5 file. HTML5 is supported
    > by most of the modern browsers and any there is no any need of external
    > plug-ins for the application and mostly in the mobile applications HTML5
    > is used.
    >
    > --

    First, html5 is rapidly changing, and you must be very careful if you
    use it to be sure what you use is supported on most fairly recent
    browsers, if you write pages for the general public. Second, html5 in
    one respect a step backward from xhtml 1.1, in that it is not designed
    to work and parse correctly for xml, while xhtml is designed to work
    for html, xml, or a combination of both. However, according to the
    w3c, one can write xhtml5 that works and parses properly for html and
    xml content, and I have used this with little trouble.

    Flash is well established and is installed on most modern computers.
    The newer versions of flash will support low resolution ad animations
    etc as well as up to Blu-ray quality HD movies of feature length. The
    built in "house" video players of html5 are still rather basic, and
    what is worse you have to use at least 3 types of videos to view on
    most current browsers. Of course browser makers could not agree on a
    single video house format for all new browsers.

    Quite a bit of fuss has been made about new graphics creation features
    of html5, but much of this is not yet supported by many browsers. I
    see no great need for this, because a server side graphics extension
    of php has been used for years for graphics and is well understood.
    The advantage is that php, being on the server, downloads the finished
    graphics to the computer and there is no concern about which browsers
    support which features of html5 graphics code.
    It should be noted that html5, and even xhtml5, will support flash and
    several other players that are, or may be, installed on the computer
    if you pay attention to using the correct valid html5 code.

    Also the w3c validator still supports xhtml and html code back to
    html2. It is perfectly correct to write a web page in even html2 if
    that meets your needs. Also most modern browsers support the earlier
    versions of html.

    Some of the strict versions of html and xhtml do not allow several
    things, such as Java applets. However there is a way to handle this.
    According to the w3c it is quite possible to embed one or more web
    pages in the main page, and the embedded page need not be of the same
    html version (Doctype) as the main page. Thus you could select html4
    transitional for a page that uses a Java applet. This could then be
    embedded in a main xhtml1.1 page, for example, that does not allow a
    Java applet. However one must not use the old Netscape embed tag which
    never was valid html or xhtml up through xhtml 1.1. There is a well
    know object method that will validate and work on most browsers.
    However it does not work on many IE browsers. However there is a
    special IE ActiveX object that will work on IE browsers. and one uses
    IE conditional comments to route to the standard object for non-IE or
    ActiveX object for IE browsers. In truth many browsers will let
    several invalid codes, for the Doctype selected, work anyway.
    cwdjrxyz, Mar 17, 2012