Re: Why pics from Photoshop don't fit?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ian Rastall, Nov 10, 2012.

  1. Ian Rastall

    Ian Rastall Guest

    On 11/10/2012 1:13 AM, MrBean wrote:
    > I have a pic - http://www.zbawienie.com/images/backgrounds/stars.jpg
    >
    > and a test page - http://www.zbawienie.com/test-pic.htm
    >
    > Pic has dimensions - 1,150px × 288px
    >
    > While a header is 960 x 200 px.
    >
    > When I change header to 288 px as an image is, an image appears to be
    > smaller.

    When I take your image and resize it (while keeping the aspect ratio) I
    get an image that's 799 x 200. Or, if I want to make the width correct,
    I can resize it to 960 x 240. But either way, if you want to fit your
    image into 960 x 200, you'll have to do some cropping.

    I think you mentioned Paint.NET. In that program, when you choose to
    create a rectangle, for cropping purposes, set its ratio at 960 x 200.
    This will ensure that the box is the right size. Then crop your image,
    and resize to 960 x 200.

    > Just have found one problem. The pic is in reality 96px/inch but I've
    > save it as 72px.

    That has to do with printing. If you were printing this image, then it's
    important to know what the pixels per inch are. But not on the web. It
    just changes the size of the file.

    --
    Ian
    http://bookstacks.org/