Re: WIDTH attribute for peformatted text

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Jonathan N. Little, Oct 1, 2005.

  1. Jud McCranie wrote:

    > Hello, I'm a relative novice to writing HTML. The NCSA Beginner's
    > Guide to HTML says that <pre> has an optional WIDTH attribute that
    > tells the maximum number of characters in a line. I haven't been able
    > to figure out the format/syntax of using WIDTH with <pre>, or find an
    > example. How is it done?
    >
    > TIA
    > ---
    > Replace you know what by j to email

    No better place to start:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-PRE

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 1, 2005

  2. Jonathan N. Little

    Jud McCranie Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:52:32 GMT, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> wrote:

    >No better place to start:
    >
    >http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/text.html#edef-PRE

    Yes, but it is depreciated (doesn't seem to work in IE6) and I don't
    know what replaces it.
    ---
    Replace you know what by j to email
    Jud McCranie, Oct 1, 2005