Re: Win32All Crashes Python 2.3?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Tim Daneliuk <> writes:

    > OK, after some highly-technical debugging procedures (print statements! ;),
    > I have determined that os.lstat() is blowing up when Win32All is being
    > used. What is strange is that this only happens sometimes. For the life
    > of me, I cannot see anything in my code that is causing the problem.
    > It sure looks to me like an errant pointer or something in Win32All.
    >
    > FWIW, Dr. Watson is reporting an Access Violation...

    Please verify that there is only a single copy of the CRT in your process.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

    Tim Daneliuk Guest

    Martin v. Löwis wrote:

    > Tim Daneliuk <> writes:
    >

    >>OK, after some highly-technical debugging procedures (print statements! ;),
    >>I have determined that os.lstat() is blowing up when Win32All is being
    >>used. What is strange is that this only happens sometimes. For the life
    >>of me, I cannot see anything in my code that is causing the problem.
    >>It sure looks to me like an errant pointer or something in Win32All.
    >>
    >>FWIW, Dr. Watson is reporting an Access Violation...

    > Please verify that there is only a single copy of the CRT in your process.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Please clarify what you mean by this - I am unclear with "CRT" in this
    context.

    Thanks,
    Tim Daneliuk
    PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
    Tim Daneliuk, Aug 5, 2003

  3. Tim Daneliuk <> writes:

    > > Please verify that there is only a single copy of the CRT in your
    > > process.

    > Please clarify what you mean by this - I am unclear with "CRT" in this
    > context.

    C Runtime Library: msvcrt.dll, mscvrt4.dll, crtdll.dll, msvcr7.dll,
    msvcr71.dll, etc.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=, Aug 5, 2003