Re: Win32All Crashes Python 2.3?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Daneliuk, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Tim Daneliuk

    Tim Daneliuk Guest

    Tim Daneliuk wrote:
    <SNIP>

    > Now the problem - twander has worked fine with previous versions of
    > Python/Win32All up to and including 2.2.x. It also works fine
    > with 2.3. HOWEVER, if I install any of the 2.3 relevant versions
    > of Win32All, when I change to a new directory, Python crashes.

    This turned out to the bug (in Python) identified elsewhere in this
    thread. Mark Hammond kindly sent me a patched DLL (which I presume will
    appear in 2.3.1) and I have verified that it does indeed fix the
    'twander' hiccup noted originally.

    For those running 'twander' who wish to upgrade to Python 2.3 as
    released, please contact me privately via email for a workaround...

    Many thanks to Mark for jumping all over this problem so quickly!
    Tim Daneliuk
    PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
    Tim Daneliuk, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Tim Daneliuk

    Tim Daneliuk Guest

    Tim Daneliuk wrote:
    <SNIP>

    > For those running 'twander' who wish to upgrade to Python 2.3 as
    > released, please contact me privately via email for a workaround...

    I have posted the workaround (a patch for twander itself) which will allow
    it to work with Python 2.3 as released, on the twander web page:

    http://www.tundraware.com/Software/twander

    Tim Daneliuk, Aug 7, 2003