Re: win32service problems

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tomas Christiansen, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. Justin Johnson wrote:
    > I created an NT service using win32service. This service runs as a
    > particular user on the domain and accepts connections to run commands on
    > the server. The service is working great on most of the servers I have,
    > but on one server it fails to start

    What OS'es are on the servers?

    -------
    Tomas

    Tomas Christiansen, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Windows 2000. Aftering searching google for similar problems I'm
    beginning to think I hit the dreaded shared section memory problem on
    win2k. Ugh...

    -Justin

    Justin Johnson, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Justin Johnson wrote:
    > Windows 2000. Aftering searching google for similar problems I'm
    > beginning to think I hit the dreaded shared section memory problem on
    > win2k. Ugh...

    You can't see any differences between the working and not-working servers,
    like:
    - domain controller or not
    - list of members of the local administrators group
    - other services running Python
    - ...

    -------
    Tomas

    Tomas Christiansen, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Nope, nothing like that at all. The servers are setup the same, the
    domain account is accessible from all and has the same policy settings
    and is a member of the administrators group. This is the only python
    software running on the machines.

    I'm pretty sure this has to do with the win2k limitations. I'll just
    have to tweak the registry and reboot the machines, which will take a
    little while since these machines are actively used by people.

    Thanks.
    -Justin

    Justin Johnson, Jul 8, 2003