Re: Windows subprocess.call problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Angel, Jan 21, 2013.

  1. Dave Angel

    Dave Angel Guest

    On 01/21/2013 06:25 AM, Tom Borkin wrote:
    > Hi;
    > I have this code:
    > <snip>
    > for song in my_songs:
    > subprocess.call(['notepad.exe', '%s.txt' % song])
    > print song
    >
    > It opens the first song and hangs on subsequent songs. It doesn't open the
    > next song or execute the print until I have closed the first one. I want it
    > to open all in the list, one after another, so I have all those songs
    > available. Please advise.

    Why not just pass all the filenames as parameters in one invocation of
    notepad? Assuming Notepad is written reasonably, that'll give it all to
    you in one window, instead of opening many separate ones.

    --
    DaveA

    Dave Angel, Jan 21, 2013