Re: Windows subprocess.call problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Jan 21, 2013.

  1. On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Dave Angel <> wrote:
    > Why not just pass all the filenames as parameters in one invocation of
    > notepad? Assuming Notepad is written reasonably, that'll give it all to you
    > in one window, instead of opening many separate ones.

    The OP is talking about Windows Notepad. Assuming it to be, quote,
    "written reasonably", unquote, is like assuming that an elected
    politician has a brain, or that a young child will like broccoli, or
    that a post from 88888 Dihedral will be useful and intelligible.

    Also, I just tested Notepad, and if it's given multiple parameters, it
    interprets them as a single filename with spaces in it (and then
    offers to create that file). Was worth a try though.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Jan 21, 2013