Re: Wing IDE for Python v. 3.0 beta1 released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steve Holden, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. Steve Holden

    Steve Holden Guest

    Joshua J. Kugler wrote:
    > On Wednesday 01 August 2007 13:53, Robert Dailey wrote:
    >> He's secretly an employee of Wing IDE in disguise!!!

    > Sorry to destroy your conspiracy theories, but no, I've never been employed
    > by Wing IDE in any fashion, nor have I ever received any monetary
    > compensation from them in any form. Just a satisfied user. That's all.

    Me too, and I have to say the response I have had to all my technical
    support requests has been first-class. Maybe they are busy because
    they're in beta? I know they aren't the largest company, but they can
    stand comparison with most when it comes to support.

    I can't think of any other products I use where you can contact the
    support team from right inside the software. And get answers without
    paying per-incident support fees!

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Aug 1, 2007

  2. Steve Holden

    Paul Boddie Guest

    Steve Holden wrote:

    > I can't think of any other products I use where you can contact the
    > support team from right inside the software. And get answers without
    > paying per-incident support fees!

    Proprietary products, right? A lot of KDE applications have a "Report
    Bug..." item in the "Help" menu, for example. Perhaps you're thinking
    of the same kind of thing.

    Paul

    Paul Boddie, Aug 1, 2007

  3. Steve Holden

    Steve Holden Guest

    Paul Boddie wrote:
    > Steve Holden wrote:
    >> I can't think of any other products I use where you can contact the
    >> support team from right inside the software. And get answers without
    >> paying per-incident support fees!

    > Proprietary products, right? A lot of KDE applications have a "Report
    > Bug..." item in the "Help" menu, for example. Perhaps you're thinking
    > of the same kind of thing.
    >
    > Paul

    Just "products I use". I'm not currently a KDE user, but I do use a lot
    of open source on Windows.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Aug 2, 2007